The music group Ricchi e Poveri captured the hearts of both Italians and international audiences. Despite changes in the group’s lineup, they continued to renew their career both domestically and abroad. It’s worth noting that the trio was responsible for creating and promoting their biggest hits, such as “Acapulco” and “Mamma Maria”. In 1985, they achieved their long-desired goal of winning the final of the Italian Song Festival in San Remo. Their performance of the song “Se m’ innamoro” went down in history as an unforgettable event.
Although the group appeared five more times at the Italian Song Festival in subsequent years (1987-1990 and 1992), they began to experience a slowdown in their career in the 90s. Despite not achieving another major hit, they still enjoyed great popularity, performed numerous concerts, and their songs were used in various film productions. Even in 2019, we had the opportunity to hear their music during the European Team Championships in Athletics in Chorzow, which, however, ended in scandal.
In 2016, the group went their separate ways when Franco Gatti announced his retirement, which also marked the end of his career. This decision was partially influenced by personal tragedies, such as the death of his son three years earlier. Franco Gatti himself passed away in October 2022 at the age of 80. His departure marks a chapter in the history of the group, leaving their hits as a lasting legacy in the music world.
1. Ricchi e Poveri is an Italian music group that gained popularity both in their home country and internationally.
2. The trio was responsible for creating and promoting many hits, such as “Acapulco” and “Mamma Maria”.
3. In 1985, the group won the Italian Song Festival in San Remo, which was a significant achievement in their career.
4. Despite a slowdown in their career in the 90s, the group still enjoyed popularity and performed concerts.
5. In 2016, the group disbanded when Franco Gatti announced his retirement.
6. Franco Gatti passed away in October 2022 at the age of 80.
Definitions of Key Terms:
– Italian Song Festival in San Remo – a prestigious music competition held annually in the Italian town of San Remo.
– Hits – popular and well-known songs that achieve high positions on music charts.
– richiepoveri.it (official website of the group)
– This article was developed based on information from the article [link to the original article].